Monday, January 16, 2012

Solar Stirfry

For our stirfry today I am going to let my wife cut up our favorite vegetables while I start cooking the stirfry noodles. I start with a wok and about a quart of water. Once the water is boiling I add the noodles and cook them for about 5 minutes. Soon as they are done I pour them into a strainer to drain off the water and leave them in the stainer till later. Then I add a small amount of cooking oil, water and our favorite stirfry sauce into the wok. Then I add our chopped up veggies, Today we have purple cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and seitan.

I place the wok back onto the solar burner and instantly you can here the vegetables sizzling in the heat produce by the sun and concentrated by the parabola. This means you have to keep the vegetables moving so that they do not scorch or burn. Once the vegetables are hot I pour the noodles back into the wok to join the them in our savory stirfry sauce. Tasting samples is a good way to determine whether or not you have the right amount of sauce for your pallet. Cooking is an art and not always dependent on precise measurements. Flavor, texture, and appearance are all important things to consider when preparing your favorite dishes. In stirfrys the the vegetables should be hot but still slightly crisp with the noodles al dente.

The Parabolic Solar Burner is the perfect cooking appliance for stirfrys because of the high heat they produce.

So the next time you are in the mood for a light and healthy meal try a quick and easy to make Solar Stirfry.

Other ideas for vegetables, seeds, and nuts that can be added to stirfrys
Bokchoy, Mushrooms, onions, garlic, greens of all kinds, carrots, sprouts, napa cabbage squash, arugula, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pine nuts, slivered almonds and many others. Just remember to be adventurous and creative in your cooking. You will be surprised at the amazing dishes you will come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment